Dragons are back on home soil in the Guinness PRO14 as they face South African's the Toyota Cheetahs - at Rodney Parade on Saturday afternoon (kick-off 5.15pm).
Dean Ryan’s men have won their last four games in all competitions on home soil, including league derby wins over Ospreys and the Scarlets.
The Cheetahs arrive in Newport to finish a three-match European tour that has so far seen them lose in Ireland to Leinster and Ulster.
The two teams have met twice in PRO14 history with the Cheetahs winning on both occasions.
Did you know?
- Dragons have won just twice in the last seven rounds of Guinness PRO14, both at home to fellow Welsh regions, Scarlets and Ospreys, in round 8 and 10 respectively.
- Dragons have won their last four matches at Rodney Parade in all tournaments since Zebre beat them there in round 7 of the Guinness PRO14.
- Cheetahs have lost their last two Guinness PRO14 fixtures, both away from home, to Irish provinces Leinster and Ulster in rounds 11 and 12.
- Cheetahs have made ten previous visits to Wales in Guinness PRO14, winning twice, at Rodney Parade in March 2018 and against Ospreys at The Gnoll in November.
- The two side have met just twice before with Cheetahs winning them both.
Here is what is happening on matchday....
GUARD OF HONOUR (supported by Wilko: The home of family value)
The youngsters performing the guard of honour are Girlguiding Gwent members. We will be offering a warm welcome to Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Rangers and Leaders. Give them a big cheer as they enter the field of play to welcome both teams onto the pitch.
The match day collection will be for Velindre Cancer Centre. To discover more on Velindre Cancer Centre visit www.velindrecc.wales.nhs.uk
OPENING TIMES GATES & BARS
Public gates open at 3.45pm for the match, with Rodney's Bar and the Premier Bar accessible from opening. Arriving early? Join us in the Fanzone Marquee from 2.30pm. Ground bars open from 4.15pm
Newport City Radio are back for tomorrow night's game in the fanzone marquee and we will also have author and historian Peter Jones meeting fans and signing copies of his book: He Did His Best.
The running order is:
- 4pm - Newport City Radio show starts
- 4.15pm - Team news
- 4.30pm – Author Peter Jones appearance
A warm welcome to everyone for the game, and we'd also like to specially thank match day guests Capital FM. Thank you for your support.
The club shop has a wide range of replica, leisurewear and new items in store.
Back by popular demand! Join us in the Fanzone marquee after the game to enjoy CoDA – the successful three-piece rock covers bad. CoDA have a big reputation in and around South Wales so if you enjoy good tunes then look no further after this afternoon’s action!
Supporters are reminded that all Rodney Parade bars will be cashless for the 2019/20 season - with only card or mobile payment now accepted. Rodney Parade is striving to deliver the best possible fan experience at our iconic home, so bars within the stadium will no longer accept cash. All major contactless debit and credit cards will be accepted, with chip and pin applying for purchases over £30. Mobile payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay will also be able to be used and make sure you download the Dragons drinks ordering App to skip the queue when you pre-order.
Tickets remain on sale from the Ticket Office from 12noon on matchday at Rodney Parade - or online by clicking HERE