Former All Black scrum-half Danny Lee joined the Dragons on a 2-year deal at the start of the 2009/10 season from southern-hemisphere giants Auckland Blues. Lee has brought a vast amount of experience and knowledge to the region, following a successful Super 14 career.
Danny made his debut for Hawke's Bay as a teenager in 1994 before making the provincial move to Counties-Manukau and then Otago.
He then made his mark in Super rugby playing for the Hurricanes, Chiefs, Highlanders and more recently the Blues.
Danny holds a substantial knowledge of the game having led Hawke’s Bay to the semi-finals of the Air New Zealand in 2007 and 2008 as captain, which he believes turned his rugby career back on track.
Although dogged with injury early in his first season, Danny stepped up to the challenge when injuries to Wayne Evans and Alex Walker plunged the region into a scrum half injury crisis before Christmas. Voluntarily postponing shoulder surgery, Danny showed his fierce loyalty to the region by playing over the Christmas period and into the New Year.
Following the surgery in early February 2010, Danny is currently recovering and looking to be back for the Men of Gwent as soon as possible.
Season P W D L T C P Dg Pts
2009/2010 11 4 0 7 1 0 0 0 5
Matches Played In 2009/2010
|19/12/2009||Biarritz Olympique PB||SH||0||0||0||0||0|
2010/2011 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
Matches Played In 2010/2011
Total 12 4 0 8 1 0 0 0 5
- Danny Presents Worthingtons prize 1/7 ©Huw Evans Images
- Danny Lee is tackled by Biarritz Samiu Vahafolau 2/7 ©Huw Evans Images
- Blues v Dragons Danny tackles Sam Norton Knight 3/7 ©Huw Evans Images
- Danny meets some of the Junior Dragons Supporters 4/7 ©Huw Evans Images
- Danny against Munster 2009 5/7 ©Huw Evans Images
- Anti Bullying Campaign 6/7 ©Huw Evans Images
- Danny Lee presentation 7/7