The successful community projects at Rodney Parade have been fully embraced by the Dragons. The impact of the regional structure is that the community activities have expanded to incorporate more schools, more clubs and new initiatives. The projects have progressed and continue to develop links with educational organisations and the local community, which includes schools, local clubs, businesses and the youngsters of the region. This is achieved through our comprehensive package of community activities as highlighted below.
Sport and Education
- The Gateway Rugby Project: A sporting and social development programme
- The Second Half Project: ‘Out of school’ primary education & learning programme
- Annual Dragons Community Tag Rugby Festivals
- Motivate & Learn: Alternative learning for excluded/disadvantaged groups
- Princes Trust
partnership: Working with Nationwide charity setupby Prince Charles to provide training opportunities for 16-25 year olds.
- Tackle Project: Collaborative community rugby and education programme for disadvantaged young people in Wales.
- Work Experience Programme: In partnership with Secondary schools across the Region.
- Holiday Rugby Skills Development Camps
- Regional Positive Challenge Days: Disability & organised group visits
SportGift of Dragons Rugby - Community Ticketing Scheme
- Dragons Match Day Experience: Guard of
honour, Official community guests, Perform on Parade talent competition
- Dragons Match Day Collections: Supporting local & national charities
ambassadorscheme: Matchday volunteering opportunities
- Community/Partners matchday competitions
The community department would like to thank the following organisations, companies and agencies for their support of the community projects; we could not maintain our high standards without this contribution: